Monday, November 16, 2015

Reflection on Oral Presentation - NFC Hype!

My group and I had our oral presentation on Monday, 9 November.  It was very nerve wrecking because all of us were not allowed to present with a script or cue cards. My teammates advised me not to memorize word by word from the script I had drafted out because once I forget a sentence or a word, it will definitely affect my delivery. Before the presentation, my teammates and I went to an empty classroom to rehearse on our presentation. The practices really benefit me as I became more confident to speak to my classmates and it helps me to memorize the content that I am suppose to convey for the actual presentation.

According to the feedbacks my classmates had given me, I felt that I did okay for my oral presentation. However, there are few things that I can improve on, like not to rush my points and ensure a good eye contact with the audience at all times. I also had some filler words here and there which I need to avoid in future presentation. Overall, this presentation is a good head start for me to prepare for other presentation in my university life here in SIT.  Lastly, I really thank Brad for putting me with a bunch of fun and understanding group mates!

Yours sincerely,

Siti Mardhiyyah from
HipsterDotCom J

3 comments:

  1. Hi Siti

    You did very well for the presentation! You were persuasive in selling your idea. :) Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!

    I'm glad you managed to deliver a splendid presentation even though you were out of town in the weekend. I'm glad that you heeded our advice on not memorizing the speech. That resulted in you giving a natural presentation. Take note of the many tips that Brad taught us and use it for our future presentation! Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sup Mardy cho!

    I thought all your oral presentations were pretty great and calm! Even though you always said you feel very nervous but you look really calm and confident when speaking! Glad to know we are all heeding Brad's advice on not to memorize a written down script because it's so much better to just give a presentation without having to think of the exact words to say out! Cheers to many more confident presentations through out our Uni life!
    All the best <3
    Sincerely,
    Your pie :P

    ReplyDelete